by Alan Ayckbourn
Directed by Dick Breeze
Sunday 21st May 2017 at 2pm in Room One
Playing dates: 29th September to 7th October 2017
Innocent northerner Guy Jones decides to join the local amateur dramatics society. He is enthusiastically
welcomed by eccentric Welsh director, Dafydd, and given the one-line character of crook-fingered Jack in The Beggar’s Opera. However, it’s not long before Guy realises that the action on stage is nothing compared with the jealousy, suspicions and seductions that carry on when rehearsals are finished!
Alan Ayckbourn’s A Chorus of Disapproval won the Olivier Award for best play in 1984 and is a hilarious look at the world of am-dram. A painfully funny tale that is guaranteed to leave you laughing long after the curtain has come down.
All are members of Pendon Light Operatic Society
- Daffyd Llewellyn, MA – fussy and gabby director
- Hannah Llewellyn, EMA – his wife and love interest for Guy
- Enid Washbrook – timid, OCD
- Ted Washbrook – nice guy, bit thick, likes engines
- Linda Washbrook – their daughter, a teenager
- Crispin Usher – Linda’s boyfriend, smart-arse
- Fay Hubbard – sexy swinger
- Ian Hubbard – also likes swinging
- Rebecca HP – Northern and bossy
- Jarvis HP – Northern and arrogant
- Guy Jones – the ingénu, in over his head
- Bridget Baines – stage manager, terse, bored
- Mr Ames – piano player and good egg
Ages are as you appear, between 18 and 60s.
All should look alive and be mobile. The ability to sing would be a deterrent to most characters.
Auditions will be held on the following dates:
Friday 19th May at 8pm in the Studio
Sunday 21st May at 2pm in Room One
Tuesday 23rd May at 8pm in the Studio
Auditions for all productions